Seth Rogen: Sony Pictures wasn’t interested in making Pineapple Express sequel

By: PTI | Los Angeles |

Published: August 2, 2020 2:43:44 pm





Seth Rogen Pineapple Express sequel Actor-writer Seth Rogen shared Sony Pictures was not ‘interested’ in 2008 film Pineapple Express’ sequel.

There could have been a sequel to Pineapple Express, but Sony Pictures was not ‘interested’, says actor-writer Seth Rogen.

Rogen, who wrote and starred in the popular 2008 film, said he had an idea for the second installment but the studio had budget constraints.

“We tried to make one. Thanks to the Sony hack, you can actually find the email when Sony killed the movie. It was something we were very open to several years ago, but Sony was not that interested in it,” he said in an interview with SiriusXM’s The Howard Stern Show.

“I think we probably wanted too much money. Studios, they don’t like giving away money. Weird thing,” the actor added.

Pineapple Express also featured James Franco, Gary Cole and Rosie Perez.

The story followed Rogen’s Dale Denton, a stoner, who goes on the run with his dealer (Franco) as a dangerous drug lord and a crooked cop chase after them.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Coronavirus in India: COVID-19 recovery rate improves to 65.44%; fatality rate drops further to 2.13%

Sun Aug 2 , 2020
“India has one of the lowest case fatality rate at 2.13 pc as compared to the global average,” the ministry said. (IE photo) Recoveries among COVID-19 patients in India crossed the 11 lakh-mark on Sunday with over 51,000 patients recuperating in a 24-hour span, the highest recorded so far, pushing […]